Wednesday 14 September 2011

Stuffed tau pok

I came aross the recipe from foreplay of senses http://www.foodbuzz.com/blogs/601211-recipe-is-stuffed-tau-pok-tofu-puffs- and decided to try it out for my loving hubby to try.

Recipe reproduced here:
Ingredients
30 tau pok, cut a slit across each one for filling the stuffing

Filling
350 gms minced pork meat
4 tbsp chinese cooking wine (I replaced it with mirin - sweet Japanese cooking wine)
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp light soya sauce
2 tsp cornflour/cornstarch
4 stalks spring onion, chopped
a handful chinese chives, chopped (I didn't include this)
1 tbsp finely chopped young ginger
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley or coriander/cilantro (include the stalks)(can be substituted with celery) (I didn't include this)
a generous dash of pepper (I didn't include this)
salt to taste

Stock for braising
6 cups water
1 tbsp oyster sauce
4 cloves garlic skin on, crushed (I replaced it with Onion as I don't like garlic)
salt and sugar to taste

Method
in a pot, put in all the ingredients for the stock and bring to a boil. using a teaspoon/desert spoon, fill the tau pok with the stuffing and pop into the boiling stock. do 10 tau pok at a time. let the tau pok boil in the stock til cooked, and scoop up with a slotted spoon and set aside. add water to the stock if necessary, bring to a boil again and cook the next batch.

retain the stock to pour over the tau pok just before serving.

End result?
ta..da.. My hubby loves it!! My mum thought that I bought it outside as it looked professionally done
The picture below included other dishes that I cooked


No comments:

Post a Comment